Good evening Parents/Guardians,
On any given school day, as many as 150 students are dropped off at our FDK Kiss N' Ride in about 10 to 15 minute window. This number spikes upwards during the winter months and on rainy days. As such, traffic congestion at the side of the school in the morning and at dismissal can create a dangerous situation for all our students and staff.
We understand that many families need to drive their children to school, but that doesn't mean that safety needs to be put at risk. Based on some concerns about the safety of our students and staff, we are asking for your co-operation and assistance in following the safety rules in our parking lot. These rules have one purpose—to ensure that every child arrives and departs from school safely each day.
Here are some ways you can help to keep students and staff safe in the school parking lot:
• There is no parking and no waiting in the Kiss and Ride lane, parking spaces for persons with a disability, bus lanes or fire lanes. You must keep your car engine running while in the Kiss and Ride lane. Pay attention to the traffic in front of you and pull forward as cars move forward.
• Do not leave your car if you are waiting for your child. If you get out of your car, park in a lined parking space in our parking lot.
• Do not double park or do anything else to block traffic or draw your child off the curb and into traffic. Do not take shortcuts over curbs.
• Have your child ready to exit the car when you reach the curb. Say goodbye to your child before you enter the drop-off area.
• During regular drop-off times, students are to remain in the car until it is safe for them to exit the car.
• If your child is not waiting for you at the main crosswalk at the end of the day, please circle the parking lot and rejoin the line or park in a designated parking space to wait.
• After picking up or dropping off your child, leave promptly so that others can get in behind you.
• Driving in the bus lanes during morning entrance and dismissal procedures in not permitted.
The above parking lot rules have been implemented for the safety of our students and their families. Please follow them when dropping off your children, picking them up or parking at the school. Your co-operation and patience is greatly appreciated. If you have any questions, please contact the school.
Thank you for making Guardian Angels CES a safe place for students, staff and the community.